Elvis Performs Trouble Live
Watch as Elvis Plays Trouble/Guitar Man Live in His Comeback Series
We have been away for a little while now and thought a great way to celebrate being back with you all would be to dive into Elvis’s own comeback special.
One of our favorite performances from this comeback special from 1968 was Elvis singing Trouble and then a taste of Guitar Man.
Elvis’s opens the comeback series with this song and in this video he draws out his introduction in a sultry provocative way almost affirming everything he is about to sing and also with tongue in check about how he was viewed by many an adult in his early years. Dressed in black leather with his shirt open and with lip biting, licking and curling you will end up on the edge of your seat before Elvis gets into singing the song!
The comeback series was a pre-filmed television special that was aired on December the 3rd 1968. After the popularity of Elvis’s films was waning and the massive change in the music environment since Elvis last toured in 1962 Elvis’s Colonel Parker decided to change gear with Elvis and bring him back to the people on the terms of Elvis. performed in front of a small live audience in an incredibly intimate and up close environment and many people think this special was inspiration for the studio series or unplugged concept that has been popular since. There was an album that was pre-released before the tv special called Elvis (NBC TV Special).
Elvis performed in front of a small live audience in an incredibly intimate and up close environment and many people think this special was inspiration for the studio series or unplugged concept that has been popular since. There was an album that was pre-released before the tv special called Elvis (NBC TV Special).
The song Trouble was written by Elvis’s friends Jerry Leiber & Mike Stoller the composers of many songs made famous by Elvis. Elvis was the first to perform the song 10 years earlier than the 1968 comeback series.
The line up of the special is as below:
- Trouble/Guitar Man – Show Opener
- Lawdy Miss Clawdy
- Baby What You Want Me to Do
- Something wrong with my lip./He’s gotta be crazy
- Heartbreak Hotel/Hound Dog/All Shook Up
- Can’t Help Falling in Love
- Jailhouse Rock
- Can I borrow your little whatchacallit?/This Leather suit is hot
- Love Me Tender
- Are you Lonesome Tonight?
- Rock & roll music is …
- Gospel Production Number: Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child/Where Could I go But To The Lord/Up Above My Head
- Baby What You Want Me To Do
- Blue Christmas
- One Night
- Guitar Man Production Number: Nothingville/Guitar Man/Let Yourself Go/Guitar Man/Big Boss Man/It Hurts Me/Guitar Man/Little Egypt/Trouble/Guitar Man
- If I Can Dream – Show Closer
Let us know in the comments which songs you would most like us to feature in coming posts
Press Play below and let Elvis take you on a sultry journey…
With thanks to Elvis himself and to Oron Ron for posting this video